Related Articles: Runs for Boston with Love from Philippines
A TOES in Boston Marathon
Tindog Tacloban: Never Gone, Never Hopeless!
Photos of ARC / Infinitea Christmas Party with Lahug SPED School from FotoSmile / John Domingo here >>
Generosity is not something new in the running community. A lot of fun runs had been created for a cause. And, I guess it’s just natural for runners and running groups to celebrate their Christmas party for the benefit of the community. One of those running groups who decided to add color and meaning to someone’s Christmas is the ARC running group. The ARC running group, which found a new home in Infinitea (located in City Time’s Square, across Parkmall, Mandaue), decided to celebrate their Christmas party with the Lahug SPED School. It was also the group’s first outreach program.
I’d like to say Thank you to the ARC / Infinitea Running group for inviting us, runroo and aktib, to their celebration. It’s not every day that we became part of an event for a greater cause.
I’d like to believe that it was NOT a ONE-way gift giving. It was an exchanging gift, in which the ARC Christmas party gave the children an avenue to share their the different gifts from God (call it cheesy), TALENT.
So here are some videos and photos of the showdown of talents as also my way of paying-it-forward by sharing their “gifts” in the following videos and photo.
1. It’s not every day that you get to know amazing people who are real MOVERS in the community, and got to listen to the story of how this very special school, Lahug SPED School, started. It’s only a 3-year old school. But nevertheless, they have greatly contributed to our friends who have special needs with just (around) 5 teachers to serve 60 kids.
Here’s a part of the Dr. Joelyza Arcilla, principal of Lahug SPED School, about their school, their beginnings, achievements, and how you may help them.
2. These deaf children showed us that there’s NO such thing as DISABILITY, only ABILITY!
3. These dance presentation by Lahug SPED students showed that, not only these students have talent but that the Lahug SPED teachers have amazing talent in choreography.
4. Heart-throb in the making, Mark Clyde Pelino who shared 2 songs during the event.
6. And, of course, the runners do not want to be left behind. They also have public speaking talent. Here’s John Chad Alcano’s speech during the turn-over of the gifts from ARC / Infinitea Running group.
7. So, literally and figuratively, it was a SPECIAL Christmas Party! And, it’s captured nicely in this video by Antit del Rosario.
To the ARC / Infinitea runners, congrats on giving these kids a special day to share their unique gifts, and acknowledging them – priceless. Special fun run next time?
Featured Photo by John Doming of FotoSmile