Event: Runnilla Eco Challenge (SLOTS AVAILABLE!)
Related Stories: Ran around the trails of Minglanilla
Chasing Happiness In Trails
Newbie’s Trail Running Tips to Newbies (Part 1)
What you shouldn’t miss: The Couch Talk
Runnilla Eco Challenge: More Than Trail Trial
Runnilla Eco Challenge: Because Selfie
The Athletes Foot / Planet Sports’ Latest New Balance (NB) Trail Running Shoe Collection
And more Runnilla Eco Challenge stories here >>
Five more days to the Runnilla Eco Challenge race day. Here’s a quick update for our guidance:
REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN!!!! Following are available slots:
30K – 6 Slots
18K – 20 Slots
Race Kit Distribution / Briefing
The medals and singlet will be gathered this Wednesday (April 9, 2014) from the suppliers, so distribution will start this Thursday.
Please be guided with the following initial schedules:
* April 10, 2014 (4-5PM) at Minglanilla Municipal Session Hall. Race Director Jake Liarta will be available to answer inquiries, and provide you a quick briefing.
* April 11, 2014 (7-8PM) at AS Lobby, UP Cebu, Lahug, Cebu. There will be a race briefing. To make it more exciting and informative, we will ask some runners to share tips and experiences.
For other venues for race kit pick-up, please keep posted. Thank you very much!
List of Participants:
Please check if your name is listed. If not or you have corrections, please message the organize or comment here.
Other HELPFUL TIPS:
How to go to Minglanilla from Cebu City?
* V-Hire in Citilink Terminal. Citilink Terminal is located beside the former Cebu City Medical Center. You can take any southbound -hire. No Minglanilla-specific route for V-hires.
* Carcar-bound buses / Ceres buses at South Bus Terminal
* You can also wait at the Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Punta Princesa for Minglanilla-bound jeepneys. Their number is usually 043 / 046.
* Taxi =)
Links to Race Route Map & Elevation Profile / Route Photos:
All routes are loop.
30K, more info here >>
To download a GPS trace, click here >>
Here’s an interactive 3D Map which can show you the contour of the route. This is created by Jacob Ong of Kai Running Sandals >>:
18K, more info here >>
Details of aid stations areas, click here >>.
There will be food, camote / banana / candies, at selected aid stations.
NOTE in advance to longer distances, 18K & 30k: The organizers cannot assure to provide a post-race meal as budget constraints. But, don’t worry, there are stores and restaurants nearby. Thank you for understanding.
Mandatory equipment for 18K & 30K:
More info here>>
You can also check out this cool functional accessory for your sports and other endurance activities, ETCH ID. It’s available in SM City, more info here >>.
Trail / Running Shoes?
It’s probably late to buy your trail shoes for this Sunday’s race, but for future reference, here are places you can check out:
You can check the following articles while waiting for race day. If you have any thing to share, please drop it at the comment.
* Trail Running Hacks for Beginners: Jeff Galloway on How to Get Started with Trails
* Runnilla Eco Challenge: More Than Trail Trial
Something to watch out!
After the Runnilla race day, there will be a reunion / Athletes Talk at Minglanilla, Cebu. Details will be posted soon. We’re targeting last week of April, 2014!
This post is in part of the Runnilla Eco Challenge, which is made possible with the support of: Aktib, Runroo, Kache Movie Cafe, Altra Running, A Runner’s Circle Cebu, Mochi Audio, Cebu Trail Runners, The Athletes Foot, Planet Sports, Soybitz Organic Pig Farm, Happy Garaje, Bride’s Bestfriend, Feetures!, Danao Explorers, ETCH, Elete Electrolytes – Asia, KAI Running Sandals.