Here’s a quick recap of what was discussed yesterday’s press conference at Parklane.
1. Parklane’s not backing down. It was not a secret that the 1st triathlon, Parklane organized last year, was a bit of a disappointment when someone from the media asked about this.
But the important thing is that their
latest reaction, organizing the benefit event Tri Bantayan, is not a disappointment.
As they say that success is always about how many times you stand up. So they’re really coming back scarred but tougher.
2. First triathlon event in Municipality pf Bantayan. Triathlons do happen in Bantayan Island, but not in the town of Bantayan. It usually takes place in Municipality of Sta. Fe.
So despite Yolanda downtime, they want to share that they have more than that.
3. No more multiple loops in their route. Parklane said that last time they put all the job of creating the route to the technical. They said that this time, they really now more hands-on. It’s an out-and-back this time. A bit harder to
manage on their part, but it gives racers a better view of the beautiful Bantayan town.
There are few patch of rough roads though.
4. Hand-in-hand work with Bantayan LGU, provincial government. The Bantayan Mayor and local people are in full support of this event.
And to put incentive to the town, Parklane tapped local people to provide the buffet. Yes, there will be free pre and post race included in your registration. Also, buffet stubs for your companions are available which you can pre-pay for it, check http://hunatsugbu.com.
The provincial government of Cebu also expresses support to provide free transportation back and forth. You only need to pay for the boat fare.
5. Free accommodation? Yes, you can camp out in the beach.
But getting an accommodation will be a big help to Bantayan’s tourism.
6. Php 1500 for early bird registration until today, April 4, 2014. You can register online at http://hunatsugbu.com, buffet meals for your companions can also be bought from there. Or swing by at Parklane Hotel, across Ayala Cebu, to register.
7. Newbie? Don’t worry. A lot of staff from Parklane will also be doing their first attempt at triathlon. One of them
is the GM Cenelyn. So yes, for the newbie, you will not be alone in your beuatiful misery with the beautiful background of Bantayan…
More details posted here http://aktib.ph/941-tri-bantayan, or go head to hunatsugbu.com.
Keep posted for more updates about the Hunat Sugbu: Runuela 2014, and their Hunat Sugbu Triathlon 2014.