THANK YOU very much to all those who joined in the fun by showing your running ground here and outside Philippines. We’re happy to receive a lot of entries. On the other hand, it’s a bit sad to see more who will NOT win.
Also much thanks to the friends, families, relatives, and neighbors of the participants who take time to like the entries! =)
The first 5 winners are easy to decide on as it’s just a matter of counting the LIKES, RTs, and comments on our side. But we’re stomped on deciding on the other 5 winners. It’s hard to be objective on decisions based on subjective factors (if ever there’s such term/phrase).
So to cut the story short, we’ll based ALL the winners on the total scores from LIKES, RTs, comments and other criteria (unique place, story, GPS trace / map).
1. Ramon M. Fernandez III – Busay, Cebu City. In running there is no other way but up. I run because I want to become better than my old self. This is my gym.
2. Glenn B. Frasco – Park Mall, Mandaue. I run for 12k because I believe that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. Indeed, with FAITH, NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE!
3. Victor B. Apacible – Olango Island, Laulapu City. It is not about winning but rather a true measure of Dedication, Patience and one’s Determination.
4. Marjohn Presbitero – Buendia Avenue, Makati City. I run to stay healthy, fit and meet new friends on the road.
5. Lloyd Ypon – Metro Cebu. I love helping people get their PR by pacing them. You can say I love running to be with friends amd gain new ones. Now I’m trying to get a sub 4 (officially) in a marathon since my last attempt was last year and I was pretty close it to (4:02). Hope I’ll get a shot if I win. =)
6. Kevin Hacey Camacho – San Juanico Bridge, Samar.
7. Shiela Clapano – Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon. “It is not always a race for the medals, sometimes it’s a struggle just to get to the finish line, and sometimes it’s a challenge just to get to the starting line. That is what I mean by ‘running to win’, doing the best you are capable of doing under the circumstances.” Meb Keflezighi, 2012
8. Anthony Nicart – Barili, Cebu. Because running is life.
9. Olaf Bornack (see below for his replacement) – Sondershausen, Germany. PS: If I belong to the 10 winners, I don’t volunteer to win. I
will run the 4. Cebu City Marathon, but I don’t need the win. Please give the prize to someone else!
10. Yaz Soon – Cansaga Bridge (our regular 3 Bridges Route)
Alistair Tudtud – via OLaf’s winning. Giving Olaf’s slot to him for giving a story in Bisaya. It’s just the right combination with Olaf’s “importedness”.
Akong training dili magdagan kundi maglakaw-lakaw everyday kay messenger man akong trabaho… Mao ni akong training ground, ang kadalanan sa cebu ug mandaue… Unta makadaug ko para makadagan napud kog 42k. daghang salamat.
* Jeru Manger G. Estrera – Batad-batad Moalboal, Cebu.
– one (1) 5KM race kit for being the 1st to submit an entry
* Earl Bolivar – Impasugong, Bukidnon
– one (1) 21KM race kit for being the 1st to submit an entry outside of Cebu
TO ALL the winners, kindly fill out the form here >>. We will also be emailing or messaging you with the form to fill out later in case you missed this post.
To others, Cebu City Marathon is giving out discounts to group registration, see following or check Cebu Marathon’s facebook page.
Group discounted rates for running clubs, companies and groups:
10 % discount – 20 to 49 registrants
15 % off – 50 to 99
20 % off – 100 or more