Mahaplag, Leyte had their first fun run, 1st Mahaplag Fun Run / Walk 2013 (rate or share pic/ experience here >>). Part of the organizing team are the most active running policemen: Garry Aldas and Benjamin Florano.
And, nothing beats a hot “lugaw” at the end of the race.
Cebu had one of its biggest street party, probably next to Sinulog, last Sunday: the 37th Milo Marathon 2013 – Cebu (rate or share pic/ experience here >>). It was attended by 24,000 plus participants, which probably made Cebu to have the biggest number of attendants of all the provincial legs like last year (Source: Sun-Star Cebu).
It was also attended by Mayor Mike Rama, who upgraded his basketball shorts into jogging pants. The Miss Cebu’s were also there. (We will be posting a separate with more details post for 37th Milo Marathon 2013 – Cebu. Please keep posted.)
* Reynan’s Pics, watch out from his page here >> He was there so he must have photos.
* John Domingo, more photos here >> (You might need to friend him as photos are not public.)
* iCapture, more photos here >>
* CebuNow by Rey P., more photos here >>
* Darwin Hermoso Saromines, more photos here >>
Meanwhile, in Lilo-an, known for Xterra and Tintay’s Rosquillos, had its yet another off-road duathlon event, 1st Sambag Off-Road Duathlon Race Challenge (rate or share pic/ experience here >>) . Unlike the Milo Elimination – Cebu Leg, this one was more low-key. Of course, it’s probably very wrong to compare events by Runrio and LICOMBA organizers. But nevertheless, the satisfaction is big-time high for both.
The Greater Challenge
Tayabas City, Quezon had a marathon, Quezon Marathon 2013 (rate or share pic/ experience here >>), which highlighted their Malagonlong Bridge. Thus the bridge certainly deserves a self-portrait.
On a serious note, it’s a run for a cause whose beneficiaries are:
“1. Supported Gawad Kalinga (MSEUF-Pil. Institute of Civil Engineering),
2. Student Study Bench (SLSU-College of Engineering),
3. Manage to support talented running athletes to try their luck and expose them on joining International Running Event like CAMSUR INTERNATIONAL MARATHON 2011.
4. And other Educational related projects that our partners entered into”
In Butuan City, they have their Labak 2013 (rate or share pic/ experience here >>), which their race highlight was their Taguibo Watershed.
Until next weekend!