by Armie Garde
Photo by Columbia Eco Trail Cebu
The seventh leg of the Columbia Eco Trail on September 16, 2012, Sunday, will be held again in Liloan town, this time at Lataban village. I wanted to join but I can’t because on the same day will be the opening of the Press Freedom Week in Cebu and I am taking part.
A few reminders to those joining the Columbia Eco Trail race on Sunday:
1. Make sure to bring enough hydration with you. Unlike in a road race, hydration support crew on trails aren’t stationed at every x-kilometer where you expect them to be.
2. Familiarize the route map so you won’t be lost (again) but if it happens, CHILL. Don’t curse or blame the confusing markers and the organizers. Calm down, concentrate and cheerfully find your way out.
3. Race but enjoy. Remember that trail running isn’t just about time, speed and podium – it’s really about enjoying the nature adventure. Savor your trail moment.
4. Smile. Photographers are everywhere, trust me.
5. Always, always keep SAFE.
Final route for the Columbia Eco Trail Run Leg 7 on Sunday, September 16. The race starts at 6:30 a.m. (Photo by Columbia Eco Trail Cebu)
Good luck on your race!
Armie Garde the Warat Runner, who started running ultramarathons at 23 years old, is a multimedia journalist based in Cebu City, Philippines. One of her ultra dreams is to finish BDM 102 and 160. She maintains runroo.com.